Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
An awesome opportunity for those seeking Graduate Internship this coming Summer 2023 – Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship. This is open to students from any of IPA’s countries of operations.
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and in the middle or the end of a Master’s Degree?
2 years of relevant experience in management consulting; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; policy-making; and/or research? If so, then you are the rightful candidate for the Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship 2023. APPLY NOW!
Program/Project/Initiative Summary: Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
IPA – Right-Fit Evidence Unit
Complementing IPA’s core business, Innovations for Poverty Action’s Right-Fit Evidence Unit (RFE) is an advisory team helping organizations make learning-oriented M&E a reality in the development sector.
We have helped many of the world’s most impactful implementers, funders, and government agencies deepen their impact by finding the right-fit with their data and evidence.
Position Summary: Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
RFE is seeking graduate-level student interns to work on various engagements globally. If you’re excited getting directly involved in helping partners figure out how to use data to improve their work, you should probably put in an application.
You’ll likely get quite a bit of exposure to various organizations in a very short period of time, as well as get involved with frontier thinking in monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL). Ideally, interns would be interested in a long-term role with RFE after graduation.
Compensation: Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
IPA’s compensation structure is designed based on the labor market for the specific geographic location where the employee is located. We are offering the following salary ranges for this position:
– For US based Interns the pay rate is $16.00/hour.
– The salary for locations outside of the US will vary depending on IPA’s salary scale ranges for that specific location.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, base salary of internal peers, business sector, and geographic location.
Responsibilities – Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
Interns will likely work on 1-2 projects, as well as some of RFE’s internal strategic work. Intern work may involve preparation and facilitation of workshops or trainings for clients, write-up of reports and briefs, review of client M&E documents and plans, compilation of relevant literature, and support of RFE’s strategic objectives.
The specific duties will depend both on the candidate and needs at the time that the intern will join. The following are illustrative of the types of projects you may work on:
- Evaluation advisory for an organization supporting smallholder farmers in East Africa.
- Facilitating a community of practice around monitoring, evaluation, and learning for organizations working on education in refugee contexts.
- Supporting an edtech organization in iterating and refining a new service. community of practice for organizations.
Qualifications – Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
- Bachelor’s degree. We would typically expect student interns would be in the middle or the end of a Master’s Degree.
- 2 years of relevant experience in management consulting; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; policy-making; and/or research
- Strong writing and communication skills, and fluency in English
- Experience working in developing countries
- Ability to present information in a structured way in writing and orally
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Previous exposure to international development work, including some work in a developing country.
- Interest in a career in the evidence space in International Development.
Candidates should expect to be available for a minimum of 9 weeks.
Application Instructions for the Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship
Reports to (title): Right-Fit Evidence Manager or Senior Manager
Commitment: 9-12 weeks
Location: The position could be based in the US (New York City of Washington DC preferred) or any country where IPA has a country office (see here for a list of the 20+ countries).
Desired start date (month/year): May begin anytime from May 1 to June 15
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it.
IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries.
This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Use the link below to apply for the Right Fit Evidence Summer Internship. Good luck!