Welcome to that time of the week again when we give you a comprehensive list of weekly opportunities that you can apply before the different deadlines. Different opportunities exist in this weekly opportunities list, therefore browse through to identify the ones you are interested in and apply.
We will meet again next week when we will give you another list for you to work on and apply. How about you follow us on Linkedin to keep yourself plugged!
Before you forget, check this How to Master a Job Interview – 15 Steps – as it will help you win any interview if followed well.
While you are here, also check: WEEKLY OPPORTUNITIES – 15 Open opportunities on SolarEyes International 02/12/22
LET’S GET STARTED!
The following opportunities are open for applications in today’s weekly opportunities. Browse through the list and bookmark your applications, then start applying right away before the respective deadlines. See the list below.
Don’t forget to share with your network, especially that your friend you know is hunting for opportunities. Life is good when sharing.
*** CHECK: How to Master a Job Interview – 15 Steps
1. UNFCCC – UNU EARLY CAREER CLIMATE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
Apply for the United Nations University Early Career Climate Fellowship Programme. This fellowship is based in Bonn, Germany and the deadline for applications is 31 December 2022.
This is a great opportunity as it gives you a chance to set your foot into United Nations and start your career. From there it will be easier for you to navigate your way upwards.
A complete application package consists of:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) setting out how the qualifications, experience and future career goals match the requirements of the fellowship
- An up-to-date CV (maximum 2 pages);
- A completed and signed Personal History Form (P11); and
- Copies of all academic transcripts/degree certificates to date.
*** ALSO CHECK: How to start a new job the right way – 11 Tips
2. JUNIOR RESEARCH GROUP LEADER: POLYMERS IN ENERGY APPLICATIONS – FRIEDRICH-SCHILLER-UNIVERSITÄT JENA, GERMANY
Is Germany on your list? Are you interested in furthering your research in the use of polymers in energy applications? Perhaps a research focused on polymer based batteries and next generation solar cells. If so, this opportunity is for you and you would not want to miss it, therefore apply.
These opportunities are based in a beautiful Germany city called Jena. This call is an “open topic” call and includes the following possible research topics:
Topic 1: AI as a platform for material development of polymer-based batteries
Topic 2: Polymer materials based on sustainable resources for energy storage and conversion devices
Topic 3: CO2 as a building block for new polymer materials in energy storage and conversion
Topic 4: Novel sustainable encapsulation materials for the next generation of photovoltaics
3. MO IBRAHIM FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
A special scholarship opportunity in today’s weekly opportunities list. Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship provides 100% tuition for all successful MBA applicants at London Business School who are nationals of African countries.
See details below and apply.
4. POSTDOC POSITION(S) IN ADVANCED THIN FILMS FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE AND SCALABLE PHOTOVOLTAICS – THE MADS CLAUSEN INSTITUTE, CENTER FOR ADVANCED PHOTOVOLTAICS AND THIN-FILM ENERGY DEVICES (SDU CAPE), DENMARK
Are you interested in a research on thin film solar cells in Denmark? If so, read through. In today’s weekly opportunities list SDU CAPE in Denmark is looking for new motivated and talented researchers to join their new SDU CAPE center to develop advanced thin films for scalable photovoltaics!
Have a look at the below link, share or apply if interested to join our team.
5. VACANCIES AT ALL ON, NIGERIA
Apply for 3 open vacancies at ALL ON based in Nigeria.
Application deadline is 06 December 2022. The following opportunities are open for applications:
- Senior Investment Associate
- HR and Operations Officer
- Receptionist and Admin Assistant
6. BRITISH COUNCIL GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Students from 14 nations have the chance to receive £10,000 toward their tuition costs for a variety of one-year taught postgraduate courses under the GREAT Scholarships program.
In England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, 49 institutions are offering 200 scholarships for the academic year 2023–24.
7. KAUST GLOBAL FELLOWSHIP FOR POSTDOCS (USD 75k annual)
Are you a recent PhD graduate looking for making a lasting impact in the world? If so, then that is the reason why in this weekly opportunities list we have KAUST Global Postdocs Fellowship which is your rightful plug to propel yourself forward.
Research areas include Energy, Food and Health, Digital Domain, Environment and Water. See details below and apply.
8. THE UNITED NATIONS YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME (YPP)
UN YPP in today’s weekly opportunities list. The United Nations Young Professionals Programme is a good opportunity to join the UN and enjoy the benefits that comes with this offer.
Furthermore you can find your way into staying in the organization for good. Deadline is on December 31st, 2022.
See details below and apply.
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SPOT A FAKE JOB – 14 Indicators
9. UONGOZI INSTITUTE’S YOUTH LEADERSHIP COMPETITION 2023 FOR YOUNG AFRICANS (USD $2,000 & FULLY FUNDED TO ACCRA, GHANA)
Apply to this global Youth Leadership competition as part of today’s weekly opportunities list. See details below and apply.
In order to give the young of Africa and the region’s future leaders a platform to participate in crucial conversations on leadership and sustainable development, the African Leadership Forum (ALF) has organized the Youth Leadership Competition.
African individuals between the ages of 18 and 25 are requested to write on their ideas on leadership in relation to a subject associated with the ALF for each competition.
10. TWO ENTRY LEVEL VACANCIES AT GREENMAX CAPITAL GROUP
GreenMax Capital Group is looking for two entry level positions in today’s weekly opportunities list.
The first position is a Sustainable Energy Internship – this can be based in any of GreenMax Capital Group’s offices, New York, Nairobi, Santiago or Zagreb.
The second position is a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) position in Nigeria.
11. MULTIPLE POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER VACANCIES – FUDAN UNIVERSITY SHANGHAI, CHINA
Apply to any of the 5 available postdoctoral researcher opportunities in the energy sector at Fudan University in China.
All the open positions are related to energy. See details below and apply:
12. SENIOR INTERN – ENERGISING DEVELOPMENT III PROJECT (ENDEV III) – SNV, TANZANIA
Apply to join SNV in Mwanza Tanzania as a senior intern working on access to energy.
This is a good opportunity to learn more and have experience on access to energy based in Africa with a reputable NGO. See link below and apply.
13. FIELD OFFICER – UNHCR, YUMBE, UGANDA
Apply to join UNHCR as a Field Officer. This position will be based in Uganda.
A good opportunity to join UNHCR and work on the welfare of refuges. See details for lodging your application and joining UNHCR
14. SENIOR RESEARCHER- SOLAR ENERGY AND CLIMATE RESILIENCE – IWMI, NEW DELHI, INDIA
In today’s weekly opportunities list we have a position in New Delhi, India.
Apply to this senior position at International Water Management Institute (IWMI) to be based in New Delhi, India.
15. STAGE: CHARGE(E) DE PROSPECTION DE NOUVEAUX PROJETS PHOTOVOLTAÏQUES – GENERALE DU SOLAIRE (in French)
Générale du Solaire recrute un(e) chargé(e) de prospection de nouveaux projets photovoltaïques en stage pour une durée de 6 mois.
Rattaché(e) au pôle commercial, vous interviendrez dans les phases amont des nouveaux projets photovoltaïques au sol pour grands comptes.
Also check the list of opportunities below and apply before deadlines.
*** ALSO CHECK: 25 VACANCIES AND OPPORTUNITIES to Apply in Early December 2022
16. INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP A CONCEPT NOTE ON SOLAR POWER SUPPLY, GREENHOUSE CONSTRUCTION AND ELECTRIC MOBILITY AT TWO STATE UNIVERSITIES ON BEHALF OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT BANK OF ZIMBABWE FOR THE GREEN CLIMATE FUND – UNDP ZIMBABWE
This consultancy position in today’s weekly opportunities is a home based with occasional missions to Harare, ZIMBABWE.
Join UNDP in Harare, Zimbabwe as a consultant working on greenhouse constructions and electric mobility.
17. DARTMOUTH COLLEGE KING SCHOLARS PROGRAM FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
Apply to this prestigious scholarship at Dartmouth under the Scholars program.
This targets low income students from developing countries. See details below and apply.
18. PHD OPPORTUNITY: BUILDING CLIMATE RESILIENCE AMONG FARMERS IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA – UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA
This is one of today’s weekly opportunities list. The selected candidate will work with SEI Research Fellows Matthew Osborne and Fiona Lambe, two of the foremost authorities on collaboratively creating goods and services that better serve the needs of people, families, and communities in the Global South.
Application deadline is 18 January 2023. Check details below and apply before the due date.
19. ETH ZURICH INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
A number of internship positions in the energy sector are available at ETH Zurich on today’s weekly opportunities list.
A wonderful opportunity to join ETH Zurich through this internship.
Apply with the link below.
20. OPPORTUNITIES AT SADC CENTER FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY (SACREEE)
There are currently 2 call for applications and funding at SACREEE.
See details below and apply to these two calls.
*** ALSO CHECK: How to start a new job the right way – 11 Tips
21. OPEN POSITIONS AT INTERNATIONAL RENEWABLE ENERGY AGENCY (IRENA)
For this today’s weekly opportunities list we have jobs from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). There currently 5 open positions at IRENA.
All these positions are based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates except the Director, IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre, D-1 position which is based in Bonn, Germany.
22. REGIONAL COORDINATOR, SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR THE GARMENT INDUSTRY & BEYOND – WORLD WILDLIFE FUND, SOUTH EAST ASIA
In today’s weekly opportunities list, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has an open position for a Regional Coordinator, Sustainable Energy for the Garment Industry & Beyond which is based in Cambodia, South East Asia.
Join WWF and work on sustainable energy in the garment industry. Join this global organization.
*** ALSO CHECK: How to Master a Job Interview – 15 Steps
23. ENERGY TRANSITION INTERN – SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL (SEforALL)
If you are in the energy sector and you are looking for a career jump in the positive direction. Then SEforALL should be your place to be.
Perhaps an internship position is the best way to join this well reputed organization. Apply for the Energy Transition Intern position at SEforAll careers website with link below..
24. EXPERT IN DECENTRALIZED ENERGY FINANCE AND ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT – UNCDF, HOME BASED
This position is home based with possibility of travels. English and French Languages are required.
Contract duration is up to one year, with the possibility of extension for up to 2 more years. Due date for applications is 21 December 2022 (Midnight New York, USA). Apply below.
25. SENIOR ENERGY SPECIALIST – WORLD BANK, SENEGAL
In today’s weekly opportunities list in the energy sector we have a position at World Bank. Do you have at least eight years of senior energy expert experience? If yes, you have every right to apply for this job now.
English and French must be spoken and written with complete proficiency for this position. The deadline for applications is December 12, 2022.
26. BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER – CROSSBOUNDARY ENERGY ACCESS (CBEA), NAIROBI, KENYA
Are you a professional in business operations hoping to advance your career?
Then you should look into this exciting position with the fantastic CrossBoundary Energy Access team, which is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Apply here.
27. PRIVATE SECTOR PARTNERSHIPS INTERN WITH UNDP RBAS, HOME-BASED, REMOTE
With the UNDP RBAS department, based in Uganda, there is a remote internship post available. Fluency in written and spoken English as well as other main languages spoken in Uganda is also required because the role is headquartered there.
Interesting to see a number of remote positions in our weekly opportunities list. Apply and view details at the link below.
28. NATIONAL CLIMATE CHANGE TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – UNDP KAMPALA, UGANDA
For those with experience in climate change. This position is based in Kampala, Uganda , the application deadline is 12 December 2022. Required education & work experience is master’s Degree with 5 year(s) experience OR bachelor’s Degree – 7 year(s) experience.
Review and submit your application following the link below.
29. WORLD BANK RECRUITMENT DRIVE FOR AFRICA 2022 – WEST AND CENTRAL AFRICA
This is in today’s weekly opportunities list and is for people interested in working locally with the World Bank in either Central or Western Africa.
Candidates must have a master’s or PhD degree and at least 5-8 years of experience in a related field.
A typical applicant is a technical specialist who is proficient in written and spoken English and has the necessary development experience. Several of the jobs on this list also need fluency in French. Keep following us for such weekly opportunities.
Energy positions on this list include: Energy Specialist, Liberia; Environmental Specialist, Niger and Energy Specialist, Senegal among others.
30. 4 REMOTE POSITIONS AT GREENPEACE
Apply for four remote positions at Greenpeace.
The four remote positions open for applications include:
- Senior Insights Analyst: Campaigns
- Functional Application Manager
- IT Director
- Head of Technical Operations
Always tailor make your CV and your cover letter to the job description. Don’t use the same CV and cover letter for all you applications as this reduces your chance of being selected.SolarEyes International, 2022
In case you apply for any of the above opportunities and you have been called for an interview, then you will need to check How to Master a Job Interview – 15 Steps.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: 10 NGO VACANCIES TO APPLY IN DECEMBER 2022 – hot bargain