Applications are now open for Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023.
Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023
After multiple highly successful cycles of the Global Citizen Scholarship Program, the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is proud to announce another call for applications for what will be the 6th round of our GC Scholarship with the objective to empower young African global citizens who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The GC Scholarship is a fully virtual scholarship program that empowers young African change-makers to address one or more of the SDGs in their community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project whilst also benefitting from a summer school as well as various expert trainings and workshops on specific topics.
For some inspiration, do check out this Link to our Website featuring some of the previous SDG Micro-Projects.
The training targets 15 young African change makers, ages 20 to 35 from an African country.
Starting date: 04.05.2023
Over the course of 8 month the selected scholars will get the chance to enhance their skillset on the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, elevate their knowledge with regards to the field of entrepreneurship for sustainable development, and connect with professional networks.
Besides this, some of the benefits you will receive include full cost coverage for summer school training with MCI Innsbruck and coverage also of other expert workshops, a USD 500,00 seed grant to support the implementation of an SDG Micro-Project to be distributed after the successful submission of a project proposal, and a Certificate of Achievement awarded after the successful completion of the SDG Micro-Project signed by Co-chairs of the Ban Ki-moon Centre.
Elevate your entrepreneurial skills for sustainable development, broaden your network, and take the chance to enhance your practical knowledge and skills on sustainable development by implementing your own SDG Micro-Project!
Apply by 09 April 2023!
- a young and active African global citizen leader between 20 – 35 years
- passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- keen to learn more about entrepreneurship for sustainable development during an online summer school with MCI Innsbruck and
- ready to address one or more of the SDGs in your community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project during the scholarship period from May – December 2023
Do you have…
- a minimum English level – B2
- completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, or been working towards a PhD, or are you within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
If your answer is YES, then GET STARTED and nominate yourself!
During the nomination process you will need to enter:
- Your personal details (e.g. name, contact information, date of birth, address, citizenship, gender, education, language competence, short profile description)
- Your professional details (e.g. academic titles, name of organization, function)
- SDG Micro-Project information (title, issues and SDGs tackled, general process and implementation)
At the final stage of the nomination process you will be prompted to attach the following:
- a motivation letter (max 250 words)
- a portrait photo of yourself (JPEG or PNG format)
- an introduction video of yourself (max 30 seconds, MP4 or MOV format)
- your CV
You will always be able to save your nomination form as a draft and come back to it later.
Should you have questions, please reach out to kathrin.ebner[at]bankimooncentre.org.
1. African youth regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation
2. Age group 20-35
3. Applicants must have completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, be working towards a PhD, or be within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
4. Applicants must demonstrate strong dedication to SDGs and the ideals of global citizenship.
5. Applicants must provide evidence that they may otherwise not have access to such an opportunity.
6. Applicants must provide proof of a minimum English level B2 (European Standards)
FOLLOW US ON OUR CHANNELS
*** ALSO CHECK: 12 CHALLENGES FACED BY SOLAR COMPANIES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES