Halcyon Climate Fellowship – accepting applications from across the globe
Apply for the Climate Fellowship to drive climate impact globally. This brings founders from across the USA and the globe together, empowering entrepreneurs to address climate challenges through Renewable Energy, Green Building, Climate Data, Agriculture, WaterTech, and Blue Economy solutions. Gain expert training, an immersive 8-week in-person program in Washington, DC, and critical resources to accelerate your venture.
SECTORS: Halcyon Climate Fellowship is now Accepting Applications from Across the Globe – $20,000 total funding
Solutions addressing climate mitigation, adaptation, and resilience including but not limited to:
- Renewable Energy Generation and Storage
- Green Building Technologies
- Climate Data and Analytics
- Climate Smart Agriculture and Food Systems
- Blue Economy
PROGRAM STRUCTURE: Halcyon Climate Fellowship is now Accepting Applications from Across the Globe – $20,000 total funding
Cohort of up to 8 ventures founded by entrepreneurs from across the world working in the climate space. Ventures receive training in Halcyon’s methodology on business fundamentals, leadership, investment readiness, and impact.
Program is delivered primarily in-person:
1 Virtual Program Kickoff Meeting
8 week in-person residency in Washington, DC
- October 20, 2023: Application closes
- November/December 2023: Finalists invited to Virtual Pitch with Selection Committee
- December 2023: Selected fellows will be notified
- April 15, 2024: Virtual Program Kickoff
- May 6 to June 28, 2024: In-person residency in Washington, DC
Each program includes specific benefits to fellows. Fellows accepted into this program will receive the following:
- $10,000 USD equity-free living stipend per venture
- $10,000 USD in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing credits
- Additional technical support from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Access to a world-class network of mentors and advisors
- Bespoke training on:
- Business fundamentals
- Investment readiness
- Impact definition and measurement
- World-wide community of impact-driven entrepreneurs
- Workshops with legal experts
- Pro bono consulting support from Deloitte
- Access to one-on-one coaching for each founder with certified leadership coaches
We’re looking for (for-profit) startups that are building scalable solutions that are tackling challenges related to Climate change.
- Location: Can have operations anywhere in the world
- Stage: Must have a Minimum Viable Product that has the potential to scale
- May apply with up to one co-founder
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- Program Engagement: Must be able to participate in all activities and programming sessions
- Impact: Must be developing a product and venture which contributes towards 1 or more of the UN’s 17 SDGs
In addition to eligibility, Halcyon scores each application based on 4 criteria: Impact, Scalability, Innovation, and Talent.
Selection criteria: Halcyon Climate Fellowship is now Accepting Applications from Across the Globe – $20,000 total funding
To what extent will the solution, if scaled, have a meaningful impact on society and/or the environment?
Could this venture scale to reach hundreds of thousands or millions of users in a 5-10 year time horizon?
Is the solution a novel approach to tackling the issue in their context?
Is the team uniquely qualified to tackle the challenges they’ve identified?
Application Deadline: October 20, 2023
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SIZE A SOLAR SYSTEM – 5 clear steps anyone can follow