Publication/Transmission Date: 14 March 2023
Deadline for Application: 28 March 2023 (at midnight, Abu Dhabi local Time)
Title and Grade: Intern, Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
Duration of Appointment: 6 Months
Indicative Remuneration: Monthly stipend
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi (Remote Internship)
Date for Entry on Duty: Between 1 May to 1 June 2023
IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an inter-governmental organization headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
IRENA’s mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries.
At present, IRENA has 168 Members (167 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 16 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
The Agency implements its mandate with the view to sustainable development, increased energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
Objectives of the Internship Assignment
The internship post is located in the Governance Support Office (GSO) within the Office of the Director-General (ODG).
The intern will provide support to the work of the youth and parliamentary engagement functions, particularly in the implementation of specific activities and initiatives taking place in 2023, as well as other initiatives related to the Agency’s Governing Body Meetings.
Particular Functions: IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
In line with the objectives outlined above, the intern is expected to perform a range of technical and organizational functions, including but not limited to:
- Developing, organising and maintaining the contact database of IRENA’s parliamentary and youth network;
- Researching and suggesting ways to keep the contact database updated considering the various electoral cycles in every IRENA Member State;
- Assisting in preparing, and organising IRENA’s engagement meetings for parliamentarians and youth, as well as in developing the agenda, background notes and relevant documents;
- Supporting the development of specific outputs, including but not limited to: webinars, website materials, technical and non-technical reports, workshop presentations, and outcome documents, and a wide range of communication materials targeted to youth and parliamentarians.
- Carrying out research and compiling briefs in preparation of other parliamentary and youth meetings that IRENA may participate;
- Assisting in the drafting of targeted communication outputs for parliamentarians and youth;
- Contributing to the development of an efficient filing system;
- Drafting formal correspondence;
- Maintaining accurate records, background information, relating to the Assembly, Council and related meetings organized by IRENA to ensure accurate and complete records management;
- Supporting web content development and management;
- Performing any other duties as required.
Learning Areas: IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
During the internship period, the successful applicant will develop an understanding of the IRENA’s parliamentary and youth engagement strategy, develop skills relating to planning and organizing and logistics support.
The intern will also be able to further develop their skills related to research, analytical thinking, drafting, meeting organization, communications, and social media.
Timeframe: IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
The internship is for a period of six months commencing on/about 1 May 2023 or as agreed with the intern/sponsor but not after 1 June 2023.
The exact period will be determined based on the availability of the intern and the needs of the programme. The maximum duration of the internship is nine months, subject to the intern’s continued university enrolment and performance.
Minimum Requirements: IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
Candidates shall be advanced in their undergraduate studies or be enrolled in a Master’s or doctorate programme at a recognized university at the time of application. Recent graduates may also be included in the programme provided the start date of the internship is less than six months since their graduation.
Preference will be given to those studying: International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Law, Sustainable Development and related fields.
Candidates must be fluent in English (both oral and written) and demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills. A working knowledge of Arabic and French is an advantage.
Knowledge of social media communication strategies, content management systems or virtual event software is an advantage.
Competencies: Candidates should demonstrate solid teamwork, planning and organizing, professionalism and communications skills.
Candidates must be able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Candidates should indicate in their cover letter the period of availability.
Internship Conditions: IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
IRENA interns are not considered to be staff members. The selected intern will work on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) as per the working hours of IRENA remotely in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
For more detailed information about IRENA Internship Programme, please visit the internships section on our recruitment webpage.
Application Procedure: IRENA Internship (remote ) – Stakeholder Engagement, GSO
IRENA wishes to encourage applications from nationals from developing countries.
The selected intern will be remunerated at a rate of USD 1,200.
FOLLOW US ON OUR CHANNELS
*** ALSO CHECK: 12 CHALLENGES FACED BY SOLAR COMPANIES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES