Pan African University(PAU) 2023-2024 Scholarship Applications: Masters and PhD Scholarships.
About Pan African University(PAU)
The Pan African University was conceptualized in 2008, as part of implementation of the Plan of Action for the Second Decade of Education for Africa, to support the revitalization of higher education in Africa, and contribute to the achievement of the vision of the African Union. In 2009, a High Level Panel of eminent African Professors was established to help in the development of operationalization instruments that were endorsed by the Conference of Ministers of Education of the African Union in November 2009. The Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the African Union made a Decision to establish the Pan African University (PAU) in 2010, and on December 14th, 2011, the AUC launched PAU as a flagship continental initiative. The Pan African University’s Statute was adopted by the Assembly in January 2013 and the revised PAU Statute was adopted in January 2016.
The Pan African University (PAU) was inspired and driven by major policy frameworks of the AUC, including the Vision of the African Union, the Second Decade of Education, and the Consolidated Plan of Action for Science and Technology. It is the culmination of continental initiatives of the African Union Commission to revitalize higher education and research in Africa. It is a project designed to exemplify excellence, enhance the attractiveness, local relevance and global competitiveness of African higher education and research, and establishes the Pan African University at the core of Africa’s development.
The African Union Commission identified critical themes within the five institutes of the Pan African University, as key to the development of Africa and attainment of the vision of the African Union. These are hosted in the different PAU Institutes as follows:
- Water and Energy Sciences (including Climate Change) (PAUWES, Algeria);
- Basic Science, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI, Kenya);
- Life and Earth Sciences (PAULESI, Nigeria);
- Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS, Cameroon);
- and Space Sciences (PAUSS, South Africa).
The PAU operates under the direction of the AUC Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, as one University managed by a singular Rectorate, with a Senate supervised by a Council.
Each PAU institute is headed by a Director. Staff of PAU Institutes include: academic and administrative staff who work within Departments and other units related to teaching, research extension activities and administration. Each Institute has a Board chaired by the Director and is responsible for the supervision of the academic, administrative, and financial management of the institute.
To date, PAU has graduated 1249 students from all over the continent and is currently enrolling students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Pan African University(PAU) 2023-2024 Scholarship Applications: Masters and PhD Scholarships
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes listed below. Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
To see the list of the institutes and programs please check the page “Institutes & programs”
For more information please download the call document by clicking – English version / French version
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes: Pan African University(PAU) 2023-2024 Scholarship Applications: Masters and PhD Scholarships
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email adress and whatsapp number) (*Mandatory)
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes: Pan African University(PAU) 2023-2024 Scholarship Applications: Masters and PhD Scholarships
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detail CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- A 3 to 4 page Research Concept Note (tentaive title, research questions, objectives, significance of the research etc…);
- Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with email adress and whatsapp number);(Mandatory);
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre- selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Reasons to join PAU: Pan African University(PAU) 2023-2024 Scholarship Applications: Masters and PhD Scholarships
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments.
Steps to apply:
- After reading the conditions, Click on ‘Register’
- Provide a valid username and your email
- Check your inbox to confirm the registration by clicking on the confirmation link (Please check the spams as well)
- Provide a valid password
- Login using your credentials
- Open the ‘Application’ page and provide all your data
- Click on Save button and after finishing click on FINISH button
* If you didn’t finish the application, you can come back later and “Login” again using your email and password *
For a safe browsing we highly recommend the last version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Applications should be completed online at https://www.au-pau.org/submission/
For more information https://www.pau-au.africa/
Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents
20 September 2023. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Further enquiries Please read the Frequently Asked Questions,
then reach the support through: [email protected]
For technical inquiries (If something doesn’t work on the website) please send an email to the address mentioned in the FAQ page.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SIZE A SOLAR SYSTEM – 5 clear steps anyone can follow