Apply to this job: Supporter Care and Admin Assistant – SolarAid, UK, Remote
Location: London, UK some occasional remote working)
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Reports to: Supporter Experience Administrator
Salary: £26,249 per annum
SolarAid’s mission is to light up every home, school and clinic in Africa by 2030, using safe,
clean, solar power.
There are 590 million people in sub-Saharan Africa living without
electricity. When the sun goes down at night, families are reliant on dangerous and expensive
forms of lighting such as candles and kerosene lamps.
SolarAid has played an important role helping to create vibrant and sustainable solar markets
across Africa through a trade-not-aid model in rural areas.
Through our social enterprise, SunnyMoney, we have distributed over two million solar lights, directly impacting over 11 million people across Malawi, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Senegal. Families across the continent can now rely on safe, renewable solar lights as the sun sets, but there is still a long way to go to reach everyone who is being left in the dark, and we are stepping up our efforts.
SolarAid is now looking for a keen and experienced Supporter Care and Admin Assistant to
provide integral assistance to the Fundraising team to help reach our goal.
SolarAid is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
About the role: Supporter Care and Admin Assistant – SolarAid, UK, Remote
The Supporter Care and Admin Assistant will work in a growing Fundraising team to support
SolarAid’s charity operations in the UK.
The role will endorse the delivery of excellent supporter experience, smooth running of the office and the efficient handling of nonsupporter communications.
The role will provide key support to the Supporter Experience Administrator; assisting in maintaining accurate entry of income and stakeholder information.
The role requires someone able to work both autonomously, and build strong working
relationships with the existing team.
Someone who is resourceful, a good problem solver and organised. The role is based in Walthamstow, London
You will be expected to uphold the values and ethos of SolarAid in the way we engage with
audiences, and inspire support, at all times.
To deliver outstanding supporter care and ensure the smooth running of the charity’s UK
Specific tasks: Supporter Care and Admin Assistant – SolarAid, UK, Remote
Provide excellent supporter care, including preparing and sending thank you
letters and emails to supporters who have donated through SolarAid’s
website, by post or other fundraising platforms.
● Accurately record gifts, sales and contact information to the CRM
● Respond to supporter enquiries received by phone and email, acting as the
first point of contact for supporters.
● Contribute to the integrity of the database by amending supporter details as
necessary and recognising areas for improvement to support the Supporter
Experience Manager with maintenance of the CRM.
● Moderation of social media to help increase engagement across social
Office communication – general
● Handle group email accounts, reply to generic queries and directing
important/department specific emails to relevant staff members.
● Handle all primary incoming calls, diverting them to relevant
teams/departments as necessary.
● Process post that arrives in the London office, providing post to relevant
General office administration
● Be the first point of contact with building office management.
● Be a first point of contact with SolarAid’s out-sourced IT support as well as
keeping a log of laptop ownership/borrowed equipment.
● Purchase general office supplies and other ad hoc items. Own and manage
the process of stationery ordering and keeping an itinerary of stationery
● Assist staff with home-working requirements.
● Co-ordinate postal and courier services.
● Co-ordinate keeping the SolarAid office tidy and welcoming for external
● Provide filing support for each department in the UK office and undertake any
other administrative tasks delegated by the Finance, Fundraising or
Team cohesion and personal assistance
● Compile and write up the weekly work updates of the SolarAid team to
circulate within the organisation.
● Lead organisation of staff enrichment and away days.
● Co-ordinate flights for SolarAid/SunnyMoney staff members; assist with hotel
bookings vaccinations, and other similar matters when required.
● Assist with on-boarding and new staff induction such as personal documents
check, health & safety and building tour.
Facilitating SolarAid Shop activity
● Co-ordinate management of stock with our distributor and merchandise
● Perform a monthly reconciliation of stock movements with the records held at
our external stock management facility.
● Assist with the ordering and logistics of new stock for the shop.
● Assist with the logistics of any shop sales made outside of the normal process
(i.e. not through our external stock management facility).
Personal Specification: Supporter Care and Admin Assistant – SolarAid, UK, Remote
Skills and Competencies
● Experience of using a CRM for contact management and income recording
● Good working knowledge of online fundraising
● Good Microsoft Excel skills with ability to use the calculations functions.
● Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
● A brilliant and friendly communicator, in particular an excellent phone manner
and written skills.
● A meticulous eye for detail and a confident multi-tasker.
● Willing to support colleagues, attend events or help the team wherever
Applicants are invited to email their CV and a covering letter, which explains how you meet
the criteria in this job description and why you are a good fit for SolarAid to:
Please entitle your email as follows: Supporter Care and Admin Assistant + [Name
Surname]Submission deadline: Rolling applications with an aim to appoint the right
candidate around the start of May.
FOLLOW US ON OUR CHANNELS
*** ALSO CHECK: 12 CHALLENGES FACED BY SOLAR COMPANIES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES