Advisor (m/f/d) Finance Access for Get.Invest – GIZ
Job Experience: 3 to 5 years
Job Location: Brussels
Expiration Date: 18 Aug 2023
Advisor (m/f/d) Finance Access for Get.Invest – GIZ
GET.invest (https://www.get-invest.eu/) is a leading programme that supports investments in private sector clean energy projects in developing countries. It is part of the European multi-donor platform GET.pro (https://www.global-energy-transformation.eu/), and the One Stop Shop of the Team Europe Africa-EU Green Energy Initiative. GET.invest has a focus on Sub-Sahara Africa, as well as activities in the Caribbean and the Pacific. The programme supports all relevant clean energy technologies and business models, assisting project developers and companies towards “bankability” and linking them with financiers. GET.invest also stimulates new partnerships and ventures by providing information about market opportunities, through (online) events, by cooperating with industry associations, and through the data platform Prospect. The programme is implemented by an international and dynamic team, in cooperation with a broad range of partners and stakeholders.
We would like to strengthen our team in Brussels starting on 01.10.2023. The current assignment period will end by 30.06.2026 with a potential to be extended. We are looking for an advisor (m/f/d) to manage our support to mobilising finance for clean energy projects and companies through the GET.invest Finance Access Advisory. This work is also the heart of GET.invest’s expanded mandate as Team Europe’s One Stop Shop. The advisor position described herein is part of a team that works on the tasks outlined below collectively, in an agile and dynamic setup.
The responsibilities of the position include: Advisor (m/f/d) Finance Access for Get.Invest – GIZ
Support to the overall coordination of the GET.invest finance access advisory services in a dynamic market environment and with a pipeline of currently more than 180 clients and a track record of more than 70 clients having reached financial close;
Contributions to the operational management of the services, ensuring they are on track in terms of the objectives of GET.invest, the expectations of GET.invest donors, and the needs of relevant market actors;
Steering of the team of external consultants and advisors through service contracts with multiple expert pools and service providers, incl. thematic contract management (administrative processes are handled by a dedicated unit), building on a well-established cooperation foundation;
Continuous development, evolution and improvement of the scope of services, the delivery modalities and processes, as well as the front- and back-end infrastructure;
Coordination of the partnerships and cooperation in relation to the finance access advisory with peer programmes and financiers, aligned with the overall strategic partnership management of the programme and in cooperation with the GET.invest Partnerships Coordinator;
Coordination of the M&E system incl. quality assurance, data analysis and synthesis as well as provision of quantitative and qualitative results and information to GET.invest for reporting (feeding into overall M&E, reporting and report writing which is handled by a colleague);
Based on the above, input to GET.invest’s communication team for external and internal communication of the services and their results, as well as representation and speaking roles at events, towards donors, or through other communication channels;
In addition to these core tasks, depending on the candidate’s profile and the arising needs in the programme, additional complementary responsibilities may be assigned.
Your profile: Advisor (m/f/d) Finance Access for Get.Invest – GIZ
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. economics, business administration, relevant social sciences etc.);
- At least 3 years of experience in investment or investment facilitation & support, incl. project and/or corporate finance, specifically in the context of developing countries (directly ie as part of a financing institution or equivalent, or indirectly ie via consulting, advisory or technical assistance);
- Demonstrated experience in working with and ideally managing external consulting teams;
- Demonstrated experience in sustainable energy markets, such as on-and off-grid electricity as well as clean cooking and/or energy efficiency, in developing countries is a strong asset;
- Working experience with a financing institution, DFI or commercial, is a strong asset; experience in development cooperation organisations and/or private sector are assets;
- Regional professional experience in sub-Saharan Africa is a strong asset;
- An interdisciplinary mindset, the ability to cooperate and work in a team, willingness to take responsibility, a proactive drive to identify challenges and find solutions, as well as strong communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Full proficiency in English; French is a strong asset; German is desirable.
- Proficient user of MSFT 365 with a strong focus on Sharepoint and TEAMS
We offer a limited contract with GIZ in Brussels under Belgian law (PC200). The position will be remunerated according to the level of experience. In addition to the legal holidays, you will receive 5 extra days of holiday per calendar year, as well as lunch checks, health insurance for hospitalisation and the reimbursement of a monthly ticket for Brussels public transport and the possibility for home office in accordance with our respective policy.
Please send your CV, motivation letter, your degrees and your gross yearly salary expectation in Euro as well as your work permit for Belgium in case of non-residency per EMAIL to [email protected] by August 18th at the latest. We look forward to hearing from you!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SIZE A SOLAR SYSTEM – 5 clear steps anyone can follow