ECODIT is Hiring! – check these 10 positions
ECODIT is a women-owned small business (WOSB) dedicated to working with governments, businesses, and local communities around the world to advance environmentally- and socially- responsible development. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT and its affiliated companies have managed more than 250 projects/contracts for diverse clients in more than 50 countries. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of complex long-term multi-million-dollar projects.
Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the environment, water, and energy sectors, including biodiversity conservation, water resources management, rural tourism development, and governance and resource rights.
This has positioned the firm to play leading roles in strengthening communities’ resilience to climate change and enabling governments and businesses to work together to address climate change mitigation and adaptation challenges.
ECODIT is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, recognized for striving to ensure that services meet clients’ requirements and quality is continually improved.
Our Mission Statement
To advance responsible management and use of water, energy and environmental resources worldwide
Our Strategic Vision
ECODIT: A recognized leader in bringing people and ideas together to create a positive lasting impact on communities and their environments
Our Core Values
1. Quality: ECODIT is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, recognized for its strong quality management systems. We embrace a culture of staff “Empowerment with Quality,” develop and use company-wide project management systems, and invest in robust contract and HR management resources and systems
2. Collaboration: Utilize a community-centered approach and encourage alliances and partnerships
3. Mission Focus: Commit to ECODIT’s mission, with a passion for the environment and dedication to people and their communities
4. Ethics: Uphold the highest standard of ethics and comply with all relevant rules and regulations. ECODIT’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct guides our staff and consultants’ work.
5. Innovation: Encourage new and innovative approaches to international development
6. Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment: Promote a work environment that fosters respect and supports work/life balance
7. Diversity: Treat everyone with dignity and celebrate what makes us different.
8. Team Work: Maintain a collegial and collaborative work atmosphere
9. Professional Development: Invest in high-quality employees with the breadth and depth of expertise to achieve ECODIT’s mission
10. Transparency: Emphasize open communications, honesty and accountability
Corporate Social Responsibility
As we continue to grow, we are aware of the need to give back to the communities that we serve or where we live. ECODIT’s employees serve as members of the boards of non-profit organizations and provide volunteer community services. We also practice what we preach, incorporating environmental and social considerations in our day-to-day business decisions, with the goal of minimizing the firm’s environmental footprint.
Because we care, ECODIT will go the extra mile! We are strongly committed to leaving a lasting legacy beyond the life of project funding provided by our clients and donors. A compelling example of ECODIT’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) ethics is our continuing work with the Lebanon Mountain Trail Association (LMTA), which works to protect, maintain and promote the Lebanon Mountain Trail (LMT).
ECODIT is proud of having conceived, designed, and implemented the LMT, Lebanon’s first long-distance hiking trail, with funding provided by the American people through a Cooperative Agreement with USAID Lebanon (December 2005 – March 2008). Since USAID funding of the LMT project ended, ECODIT has provided thousands of hours of pro-bono expert advice and technical support to the LMTA, including coaching and mentoring of LMTA staff; assisting with networking efforts at national, regional and international levels; and providing technical assistance to proposal writing and events organizing.
ECODIT has also provided guidance on fundraising strategies, full sponsorship for revamping the LMT website, and – together with the Lebanon Ministry of Tourism – sponsorship for a hardcover picture book detailing the first-ever complete journey on the LMT: A Million Steps – Discovering the Lebanon Mountain Trail.
ECODIT will continue to seize opportunities to provide support to the LMTA and to other initiatives in which we are engaged around the world.
At ECODIT, we believe that technologies and policies can produce durable positive impacts only if the institutions and communities responsible for them share common vision and values, empower their people to think and act creatively, and reward them appropriately.
To achieve enduring results, we bring together people with local know-how, innovative ideas, and proven talents, and we work side-by-side with them to design, develop and implement programs that are adapted to their situation and needs. Our clients have cited our community-centered approach as a key ingredient to our success in creating lasting impact.
ECODIT is Hiring! – check these 10 positions
US-based Staff, United States, Toggle AccordionShare, View,
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SIZE A SOLAR SYSTEM – 5 clear steps anyone can follow