An opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Life Cycle Analysis and Quantitative Sustainability. The candidate will be working in Prof. Sami Alghamdi’s Lab at KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology).
The ideal candidate should have a PhD degree in quantitative fields of Industrial Ecology, Environmental/Sustainability Science, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Chemical and/or biological engineering, or related fields.
Requirements: Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Life Cycle Analysis and Quantitative Sustainability
The candidate should have:
– Solid experience in sustainability science and modelling frameworks based on the principles of general systems theory
– Solid knowledge in complex systems analysis, environmental technologies and nature-based solutions
– Solid experience with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and/or hybrid-LCA and/or economic and environmental input-output analysis (material flow analysis is a bonus) using SimaPro or Gabi
– Strong quantitative background in system dynamics, optimization and environmental modelling using big data and at least one of the following programming languages, python, MATLAB, and R is advantage
– Strong publishing and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
– Highly motivated and independent researcher, enthusiastic about working in an interdisciplinary academic environment
Contract: Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Life Cycle Analysis and Quantitative Sustainability
The contract starts for 2-3 years and can be renewed based on performance and availability of funds. The position offers a very good future career bath way, and based on performance postdoc can be promoted to a scientist and senior scientist.
The position pays 50,000 to 60,000 USD free of taxes. Besides the salary, we provide outstanding furnished housing based on the family size, and international schooling for kids, health insurance, and annual international flights.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CVs to ([email protected]).