Energy efficiency Expert – GIZ, Luxemburg
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Assignment period:10/01/2023 – 09/30/2028
- Type of employment:full- or part-time
- Application deadline:06/30/2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ.
We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ InS is currently preparing for a very interesting tender.
The Demand side management, Social Infrastructure, Renewables and Energy Efficiency (DESIREE) is a 5-year programme conceived between the EIB and the EU Commission through DG INTPA . DESIREE is a programmatic intervention addressing the following sectors: energy efficiency, electrification of social infrastructure and clean cooking.
The TA will implement tailor-made support adapted to specific objectives and needs of the counterparts in 5 to 8 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
We expect the Tasks will include: upstream activities (sector strategies, master plans, national tariffs, unit cost studies etc.); the preparation and review of project documentation (technical feasibility including demand and option analysis, energy market reform, economic and financial analysis, environmental impact assessment, feasibility studies, climate risk and vulnerability assessment, social impacts assessment, institutional viability, project governance mechanisms and procurement strategy); support to project implementation)preparation and review of detailed designs and tender documents, EE studies, grid assessment) including capacity building; horizontal issues (gender and climate change related activities).
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Engineering, Energy or related field, preferably at Master’s level;
- Excellent working knowledge of English and preferably French; Spanish would be desirable;
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in energy efficiency projects;
- Experience in the feasibility, formulation, technical design and operation of energy efficiency projects;
- Experience in liaising with private sector stakeholders (developers, investors and financial institutions), including capacity building tasks;
- Familiarity with capital costs and operation and maintenance cost parameters of energy efficiency measures (passive and active components);
- Experience with market and competitive analysis, business models, commercial operations, and environmental compliance;
- Experience in the management of multi-country technical assistance projects or programmes is an asset;
- Proven working experience in Asia, Africa and/or Latin America with focus on the following countries: Ivory Coast, Ecuador, India, Kenya and Uganda.
The location remains to be defined.
We expect the start date to be in October 2023 and the period of implementation to be 60 months.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation, comprehensive onboarding and internal health management are an integral part of our corporate culture, along with the opportunity to use childcare facilities and parent/child offices.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SIZE A SOLAR SYSTEM – 5 clear steps anyone can follow