Post Doc Position: Materials & Batteries – Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco
Job description – Post Doc Position: Materials & Batteries – Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco
Description of Research Project – Post Doc Position: Materials & Batteries – Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco
Today the rechargeable battery with the highest energy density is the Li-ion or Li-polymer battery. Commercially this battery is used for mobile phones, laptops and camcorders.
The development of new batteries of this type has to go towards larger batteries for hybrid vehicles or towards further miniaturization for smaller electronic devices where “battery on a chip” is one solution.
Both these routes will, however, require basic materials research within chemistry and physics; new materials must be synthesized (some materials used today are too expensive for up-scaling) and the complex chemistry occurring both in bulk electrode materials and at the interface between electrolyte and electrode most be better understood.
Phosphate-based materials are attracting the attention of the scientists and the battery companies according to their high structural stability that considerably enhance the safety of the Li-ion batteries that is considered as the main challenges for this energy storage technology in the future.
The understanding of the energy storage performance of these phosphates requires a deep analysis of their structural/electronic evolution upon electrochemical cycling.
Requirements – Post Doc Position: Materials & Batteries – Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco
Key knowledge includes several of the following:
* Materials synthesis techniques, techniques and methodologies of electrochemical systems
* Experimental designs and methods,
* Hydrogen systems
* Carbon capture storage and utilization, processing and physical analysis of materials.
It is expected that this experience will be helpful to one or several of the following:
* Design of new class of battery materials and system
* Design of materials for hydrogen electrolysis, fuel cells and systems
* Design of carbon absorption materials and systems
* characterize the materials properties (XRD, Raman,..) and understand the evolution of such materials properties.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate considerable skill in interpreting and assessing the experimental results of their own work and that of others.
Finally, excellent interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills are essential for success at MSN/UM6P.
Desired Skills and Experience – Post Doc Position: Materials & Batteries – Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco
Candidate PROFILE :
A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related discipline completed within the last 5 years.
* Strong background in electrochemistry and electrocatalysis
* Excellent commands in variety of software related to cell and reactor design, process modeling, microfluidics, etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent skills and understanding in physics and chemistry of materials
* Good skills in material synthesis and characterization
* Thorough understanding in electrolysis, fuel cell technologies, and hydrogen utilization.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, to set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever changing needs
Please submit two letters of reference when applying to this position
About the employer
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields.
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development.
A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Areas of Research – Post Doc Position: Materials & Batteries – Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco
- Energy Materials
- Inorganic Chemistry