Solar Installer Opportunity at Palmetto Solar
About Palmetto Solar
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
We are a remote-first company and are proud to have great people working for us all over the United States.
Summary of Role
Who will be responsible for working as a contributing member of the solar installation crew, working closely with the crew, and assisting the mechanical portions of residential solar installation. This position assists, organizes, and performs the safety equipment placement, array layout, racking installation, and module placement, in compliance with site assessment and schematic. The solar installer will work as part of a team to safely and successfully complete residential solar installations.
Strategic & Tactical
- Layout, assembly and installation of solar array and mounting hardware.
- Structurally mount racking and electrical equipment and effectively seal penetrations
- Handle trenching and concrete work
- Assist with electrical wiring of energy products.
- Properly use Personal Protective Equipment
- Maintain a clean work site and safe working environment
- Ensure job sites are left clean
- Upload photos and update job status in the company database when work is complete
- Provide exceptional customer service, to every customer, throughout the installation process.
- May perform required to travel for extended periods at a time
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety tailgate meetings
- Additional duties may be required as needed.
- 1+ year(s) of roof work and/or solar experience required.
- General construction/framing experience is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, rain, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Electrical experience is a plus.
- 1 year of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs, and performing repetitive duties such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday.
- Ability to safely handle and maintain basic hand and power tools used for installation.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Attention to detail
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Must have a clean driving record
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*** ALSO CHECK: HOW TO SIZE A SOLAR SYSTEM – 5 clear steps anyone can follow