LOCATION: Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
ALTERNATE LOCATION: US Remote
JOB TITLE: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
AREA OF INTEREST: Project or Program Management
COMPENSATION RANGE: 80100 USD – 144000 USD
JOB TYPE: Professional
TECHNOLOGY INTEREST: *None
JOB ID: 1388890
Background: CISCO Foundation
Cisco Foundation is looking for an experienced and energetic Climate Impact Portfolio Associate who is interested in both a challenge and the satisfaction of making a difference in our shared climate future.
The focus of the Cisco Foundation Climate Impact Portfolio is on using blended finance (grantmaking and investments) to support early-stage, high impact climate solutions aimed at: decarbonization, healing our water cycles, increasing access to green jobs, and increasing community education and activation that result in measurable behavior changes that reduce carbon footprint.
Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
This Associate role will focus on the impact investing activities of the portfolio.
· More on the climate commitment and our investment strategy can be found here: https://blogs.cisco.com/csr/cisco-foundation-sparks-innovation-by-investing-in-promising-solutions-to-climate-change
Co-Managing the Climate Impact Investment Portfolio: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
The role would be responsible for process and implementation related to the foundation’s Climate Impact Investing. This includes assisting the Portfolio Lead with:
· identifying potential early-stage climate investments (both for profit startups and climate funds) by researching gaps and opportunities, as well as staying current on developments, Climate Science and initiatives in this sector
· developing and maintaining the pipeline of potential investments, including co-designing a strategy with the Climate Impact Portfolio Manager to engage global climate-related innovation and entrepreneurship groups as sourcing partners for our portfolio
· managing due diligence, review and approval systems and processes for investments
· liaising with external partners to complete relevant review, legal and approval processes
· managing relationships with potential and current grantees
Metrics Tracking and Reporting: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
Building upon existing frameworks, the Portfolio Associate will work with our team to oversee the platforms and processes related to how we identify, track, and report relevant measures for the impact and financial performance of individual Climate investments.
Communications Efforts: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
Work with the Climate Impact Portfolio Manager and internal marketing teams to communicate efforts to both the Cisco community and the general public.
The role will support these efforts as needed by providing data, content and/or creating internal reports on impact investing, liaising with the marketing team and other departments, and tracking potential media-worthy stories in the Climate Impact Portfolio.
Support for Initiatives in Developed, Developing, Underdeveloped Markets and New Initiatives: As new initiatives that do not fall distinctly into one portfolio arise, the role will be responsible for lending support as needed partnership management,
metrics development and tracking, reporting, or other associated operations.
Who You’ll Work With: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
This role will work most directly with the Cisco Foundation’s Climate Impact Portfolio Manager and the Climate Impact and Regeneration Lead.
There is also an opportunity for this position to assist, influence and build the practice of and liaison with the rest of Cisco on Climate including Circular Economy Team and others as a subject matter expert
Who you Are: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
Qualifications: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
The ideal candidate must be an organized and energetic professional, excellent communicator, someone who will serve and partner with internal and external stakeholders (vendors, potential investees, co-investors, etc) to achieve ongoing objectives. Individuals with experience related to climate action, entrepreneurship, and/or impact investing who the landscape for early-stage financing who are familiar with the most pressing climate challenges and the current innovative solutions (circular economy, renewable energy, regenerative agriculture, natural carbon sinks, etc).
Skills required: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
· Welcoming early in career, with 3-5 years’ experience in a role related to entrepreneurship/acceleration, venture capital or impact investing. This role could also be appropriate for someone with program management experience in a climate or sustainability related project or organization.
· The ideal candidate must have subject matter expertise in the Climate/Sustainability fields, system thinking, design thinking and capital markets/early stage investing.
· Relevant background in project or portfolio measurement and evaluation, performance tracking and reporting
· Highly organized professional who enjoys building and overseeing systems and processes that enhance organizational efficiency
· Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously, to prioritize, and to keep projects moving forward
· Passion for problem solving, anticipating next steps, driving projects to conclusion
· Ability and willingness to perform a range of responsibilities from the basic/mundane to working with executives
· Excellent written and communication skills, leadership presence, executive influence
· High attention-to-detail and ability to produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
· Collaborative, servant-leadership orientation with deep, embodied listening skills
· Ability to serve and partner with our partner organizations to build their capacity, along with our ecosystem of support
· Ability to give and take constructive feedback and make necessary changes
· Ability to be agile and succeed in a rapidly changing and often unstructured environment
· Determination and passion to be part of co-creating the shared climate future we all want
· BA/BS with preference for MA in field of Climate/Environment/Sustainability with demonstrated work experience/capabilities as a leader/project manager for complex, highly matrixed projects.
Specific training in organizational metrics, performance tracking and evaluation, and/or impact measurement preferred. Finance/Startup/VC/Investment related experience and knowledge preferred.
· US-based candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Cisco indefinitely at or near one of the main Cisco locations in the US.
Why Cisco: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team on innovative technology and powering a more inclusive future for all. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their businesses. Sure, we’re a company that’s 35 years strong and maybe you’ve heard we’re a hardware company. But we’re also a software company.
A security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. And we’re the tech behind keeping the world connected, productive, and ever adapting in our hybrid world by way of Webex.
Day to day, our teams have each other’s backs. We tackle whatever challenge comes our way, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together.
We celebrate one another – from big life moments to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 5 days off each year to do just that too)!
What’s powering an inclusive future for all look like? We know that without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward.
Our 30 Inclusive Communities are leading the way, and together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, and supporting the most vulnerable through our innovation, amazing culture, and a collective effort to make this world a better place. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care.
Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: Climate Impact Portfolio Associate: Investments – CISCO FOUNDATION
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits.
For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target.
Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training.
Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings.
Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO.
We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%.
Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target.
Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
FOLLOW US ON OUR CHANNELS
*** ALSO CHECK: 12 CHALLENGES FACED BY SOLAR COMPANIES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES